Sunday 18 November 2018

MIGRAIN October assessment learner response

1)

WWW:

You use the products well to focus on detail and support your ideas.

EBI:

You must apply theoretical framework (media theory) consistently and you are missing opportunities to use media specific terminology e.g question 1 is not answering question 1! Watch your written English always makes sense.

2)

Question 1:
I need to apply narrative theories into my answer. This includes figures like Propp, Todorov and Barthes and their theories. I also need to read the question properly ad answer the right question.

Question 2:
As I have written the answer for question 2 in question 1, most of it was already written from before. The end of the answer was weak.

Question 3:
Literacy mistakes and lack of media terminology. Add more relevant detail in my answer to gain more marks.

Question 4:
The opening is a bit confusing and not well written. Be more specific in my answer and add in representation (race, age, genre etc.). Overall, my answer needs to be more developed.

3)

Question 1:
The person has used the narrative theories in their answer as the question says. I did not read the question properly therefore do not have enough about the narrative theories.

Question 2:
The conclusion for the end of the answer is more structured than mine. The point is clear and explained well. Judgement is clear.

Question 3:
The answer is detailed and includes a lot more media technology compared to my answer.

Question 4:
Her opening is strong and clear where mine was unclear and a bit confusing. The person has included a lot off detail in this answer in a shorter amount.

4)
  • Propp's character theory
  • Todorov's narrative theory
  • Barthe's narrative theory
  • The word disequilibrium
  • Enigma codes
  • Iconography
  • Narrative
  • Effects
5)

My question 2 was the strongest because at that point I read the question properly and I had time to complete it so I did not panic until the end of the question where I realised I did not have much time left. A reason why it wasn't as good as it could have been was because I spent a lot of time doing Q2 in Q1 so when Q2 came around, I couldn't think of anything to write about it.

6)

My weakest question was question 1 because I did not read the question properly and answered the wrong question meaning that 80% of my entire answer was answering Q2 and not Q1. This lost me marks and wasted a lot of my time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Articles Week 3

The Daily Mail Britain's coronavirus crisis could last until Spring 2021 with up to 8 million people - or 15% of the population...