Sunday 4 November 2018

Audience Classfication Blog Task

1.
Aspires:

Our example couple are Summer, 21 and Adam, 20 from London. They work in retail but attend University and have a high social media presence. They like to keep up with social media influencers and in their free time, spend majority of the time either shopping for the latest trends, or indulging in their hobbies or the luxuries in life. They also perhaps enjoy taking photos and sharing their lives on social media particularly Instagram, in order to achieve validation through their images and to share their latest purchases.

They prefer to read their news through social media and like to keep up with tabloid news over broadsheet. They use Cosmopolitan and Daily Mail to keep up with pop culture and perhaps have a more liberal political view point due to their exposure to the plethora of views online. They might also indulge in magazines such as Vogue and GQ due to their high profile reputation as fashion magazines but also their aesthetically pleasing and extremely photogenic photo spreads and front covers.

Summer and Adam also like tv shows with perhaps some good cultural capital, or films that have a talking point such as Game of thrones, which has some cutting edge cinematography and high recommendations which may attract an aspirers love for extrinsics but also using netflix to stream more mainstream shows such as 13 Reasons Why or award winning films such as La La Land to support their Image over quality stance. Also old 90s shows or early noughties show may attract them since they are easily quotable and can allow an aspirer to post screencaps or quotes on social media in order to create wide range talking points. They listen to radio 1 since they are of a younger age and allows them to listen to a variety of musical genres of a variety of eras.

Aspirers are probably similar to mainstreamers in the fact they most likely have an IPhone since it has a high aesthetic value and probably a macbook for the same reasons. They also probably have the most up to date technology from wireless headphones to laptops to compliment their desire for high quality aesthetics and extrinsic orientated viewpoints. They most likely have an instagram to be able to share their purchases and to share moments that are humble brags such as designer perfumes or the newest shoes.



2.

Which psychographic group do you feel best fits your lifestyle and personality? Explain how and why you made your decision and provide evidence justifying this.

In my opinion, I think that I am an explorer. I want to try new things, I like trying new things whether that is something as simple as trying a new shampoo to learning a new skill set. I think that trying new things makes me feel free and makes me feel as if I can do what I enjoy. After a while, how I feel about what I tried determines if I really enjoyed it or not. The reason why I chose explorer is because there was a time when I was interested in martial arts, I ended up learning 16 different types of martial arts including karate, jujitsu, wing-chun, kendo and more. I also know how to play the piano and guitar. I am currently learning card tricks and cardistry. It's the same with shopping, I am willing to shop anywhere which has something I like in it. I don't mind shopping in a shop that I've never been in because A shop is a shop and because I want to buy items from more than just one or two places only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Articles Week 3

The Daily Mail Britain's coronavirus crisis could last until Spring 2021 with up to 8 million people - or 15% of the population...