Sunday 16 September 2018

My media consuption

My Media Consumption

Newspapers:

1. I used to read the metro on the way to high school but not anymore.
2. I usually just read from the start to the end and skip any news that doesn't really interest me.
3. I tend to skip certain topics that I am not interested in like certain sports and certain TV shows.
4. Usually news about any violence, gaming, certain sports. Just topics that attract me to read about them.
5. My parents get the metro from time to time but I don't really use it.
6. I've been on the daily mail a few times but just skimmed through most of it because it was a quite boring topic to me.

Magazines:
1. I don't really read any magazines at all because I just haven't really thought about going out to buy a magazine. I have seen some magazines from places like the waiting room at the dentist, Out of the lot I chose the one about cars because I quite like looking at cars.
2. Haven't read a magazine properly before so i'm not really sure about what sections I would read but if i were to imagine, it would be like newspapers, sections that I find interesting.

Television:
1. If anime is included, I use a huge chunk of time watching media. Around 4-5 hours on some days but at least 1-2 hours everyday. Also, during dinner, me and my family would watch some Chinese dramas or shows.
2. During week days it would be after school and in the evening. On weekends, it varies depending on my mood, if I feel like studying before anime then I do that and vice versa.
3. Mostly anime, other times I watch Korean dramas and variety shows or Chinese dramas or variety shows or series like the walking dead or criminal minds. I watch it if i like the story line in the drama or if the variety show makes me laugh then i'll continue watching it also.
4. Apart from what we watch something during dinner, i'd choose what i want to watch, during dinner times, my sister/parents will choose what to watch. I have no say it that part. I tend to watch things on my own unless its during dinner as said before.
5. Usually I would watch my stuff on my laptop, other times i have a device connected to the TV where i can watch films or variety shows so ill be watching stuff there also.

Radio:
1. I do when i'm in the car on my way to somewhere.
2. Capital or Heart because they usually play songs and then talk about the news and then back to music. 
3. At max 30 minutes.
4. Whenever i'm in my dad's car going somewhere.
5. I only ever listen to the radio when i'm in my dad's car.
6. When i'm listening to the radio, i'll be on my phone also, either texting my friends or playing some game.
7. Again, the above applies to all of my family members, it's only on when were in the car to somewhere.

Cinema:
1. None this month. Got home from my holiday and have been busy since, just haven't had the time to go watch a movie in the cinema.
2. I watched some movies online, for example, avengers infinity war, Jurassic world: Fallen kingdom, the nun (in majorly bad quality) and more.
3. Usually I either watch them by myself or with my friends. Very rarely do I watch movies with my family members.
4. When i'm watching alone, I decide but when i'm with friends we usually just pick out around 3-4 movies and take a vote in which one to watch.
5. When i'm watching a movie alone, it's usually on my laptop but with friends its either in the cinema or on TV at someones house.

Online:
1. I'm on the internet the majority of the day so very often.
2. I have electronic devices at home which I can use to access the internet, I also have computers at school where I can access the internet.
3. I watch alot of anime so most sites are just different anime sites for different anime's. Other sites I use often include YouTube, online shopping websites and anime pictures on google images to find references for any drawings I feel like doing.
4. Most of them are for entertainment. Not the shopping sites, those are for me to buy stuff obviously. Otherwise, the rest is for entertainment and fun.
5. Id listen to music when shopping or drawing. I wouldn't be doing anything else when watching anime, my focus stays on the anime only.
6. I use my phones, tablets laptops but my main one would either be my phone or my laptop. I spend alot of time on both.
7. I use snapchat, twitter, whattsapp, discord the most. Face is just kind of sitting there doing nothing. Same with we chat and we heart it. I used to have Instagram but I didn't really go on it much so deleted it for storage space. I suppose I have been used to using the first named 4 social medias so most of my friends are on that who I speak to more often.

Reflection:
1. I watch alot of anime and dramas and variety shows and it slowly builds up the more I watch it because I want to continue watching what goes on so then I spend more and more time watching them.
2. For a levels, I will change what I watch in order to know a more widespread amount of media so not just watch anime all the time but include the news, new dramas and more.
3. Radio, newspapers and actual series on TV (not anime).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Articles Week 3

The Daily Mail Britain's coronavirus crisis could last until Spring 2021 with up to 8 million people - or 15% of the population...